The FRET-at-FoF1-ATP synthase idea was born in 1997.
It was realized in Freiburg together with Peter Gräber,
Manuel Diez , Stefan Steigmiller and Boris Zimmermann.
The FRET approach was refined in Stuttgart since 2002
and persists in Jena since 2011.
current work on FoF1-ATP synthase
1. transient energy storage in rotor and stator subunits
2. regulation of ATP synthase by subunit epsilon
3. swivelling and rotation stepsize of the Fo motor
4. ABELtrapping a single FoF1-ATP synthase in solution
5. superlocalization, diffusion, rotation and inhibition of
single FoF1 in living E. coli, yeast and human cells
single-molecule FRET group in Jena 2016
alumnae and alumni since 2002